One of the top moves was Barnegat (N.J.) High outside linebacker Manny Bowen, who went from unranked to a high three-star prospect and the No. 31 player at his position. Bowen is long and athletic, and just needs to add a few more pounds and thickness and he will be an elite player at his position.
Here are the updated rankings and a few other notes from the East Region's updated rankings:
- Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional's Tommy Hatton had his projected position changed to center. He was rated as the No. 33 guard, but h is now the No. 4 center in the nation.
- Greenbelt (Md.) Eleanor Roosevelt four-star offensive tackle is now the No. 3 offensive tackle in the class, up one slot.
Speaking of offensive tackles, Pittsburgh Baldwin Park's Sterling Jenkins is up two slots and is now the No. 5 offensive tackle in the class.
- On the cornerback front, a pair of committed players debut in the positional rankings.
Washington (D.C.) H.D. Woodson cornerback Duwayne Johsnon, who is committed to Virginia Tech, is No. 45 and Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin cornerback Jordan Adams, who is committed to West Virginia, is No. 51.
- Richmond (Va.) Benedictine four-star defensive end Clelin Ferrell saw his positional rank up climb four spots, and he now sits at No. 20.
Also, Olney (Md.) Our Lady of Good Counsel defensive end Darius Fullwood made a big jump at his position as he moved up six slots to No. 30.
- Malvern (Pa.) Great Valley defensive end Ryan Buchholz, who is committed to Penn State, debuts with a positional ranking of No. 38, which is a high three-star selection.
- On the quarterback front, Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga quarterback Nick Johns is No. 27 at his position and Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian's David Sills, who remains committed to USC, is the No. 29 quarterback in the class.